Jewelry Artist Yoshi Ishizuka, G.G.
• Born to love challenges, I left my home country and came to Los Angeles
to try my luck when I was just 20 years old.
• I attended UCLA to learn English and met a friend who guided me to beauty school.
• After graduating from beauty school, I had my initial training
under Gean Shacove, a charismatic Hollywood beautician.
• I went out on my own after several years, and spent the next ten years
as a “beauty consultant” for affluent ladies in Beverly Hills.
• One day, one of my friends asked for my advice when shopping for a diamond.
The experience excited me so much that I decided to become a jewelry artist.
• To start pursuing my dream, I visited the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) to find
technical books on diamonds. Through the campus tour, which I just happened to join
on the spot, I became fascinated by the power of gems.
• Today ― even after experiencing challenges that include coming to the U.S.,
being a beautician, and being a jewelry artist ― my spirit to “take on new challenges”
hasn’t waned a bit.